Genetics and Genomics in Nursing and Health CareBook - 2018
F A Davis Co
- Explains how to perform beginning genetic assessments, including the development of a three-generation pedigree for identification of genetic risks.
- Focuses on the genetic factors influencing the most common health problems.
- Organizes disorders using a lifespan approach.
- Features content on clinical disorders, genetic testing, ethics, genetic discrimination, and the roles of healthcare professionals
- Uses a consistent organization in every chapter that includes case presentations, clinical manifestations/assessment findings, interpretation of laboratory data, risks, potential complications, and nursing care needs.
- Integrates online resources including National Human Genome Research Institute, Science Behind the News, and Genetest to help visualize the content.
Publisher: Philadelphia, PA :, F.D. Davis Company,, 
Edition: Second edition
Characteristics: xiii, 437 pages : illustrations