Everything, EverythingBook - 2015
From the critics
AgeAdd Age Suitability
violet_dove_343 thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 14 and 30
violet_dolphin_770 thinks this title is suitable for 12 years and over
burgundy_llama_53 thinks this title is suitable for 12 years and over
CorteMaderaStaff_Judi thinks this title is suitable for 14 years and over
green_dog_8304 thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 13 and 15
QuotesAdd a Quote
- "Love opens you up to the world."
- "I was happy before I met him. But I'm alive now and those are not the same thing"
- "I loved you before I knew you."
- "I don't know the answer to this question. The only thing I know for sure is that this —being here with Olly, being able to love him and be loved by him—is everything."
- "He's trapped by the same memory of love, of better times, that his mother is, and it isn't enough."
- "Olly: my life is better with you in it
Madeline: but mine isn't"
- "But anything can happen at any time. Safety is not everything. There's more to life than being alive"
- "Love is worth everything. Everything"
“Will I encounter turbulence? Yes. Into all lives a little turbulence must fall.”
“In the beginning there was nothing and then there was everything.”
“The Void – a universe that can wink into existence can wink out again.”
" Not pointless," she says, and looks at me seriously. "Just because you can't experience everything doesn't mean you shouldn't experience anything..." (Carla to Madeline)
"You're not living, if you're not regretting."
it's soothing to see an entire world at once-to see the pieces and know how it all fits together. Page 296
We watch the way the water pulls back and turns over and beats against the sand, trying to wear the earth away. And even though it doesn't succeed, it pulls back and pounds the shore again and again, as if there were no last time and there is no next time and this time is the time that counts. Page 232
There's no denying it now. I'm in the world. And, too, the world is in me. Page 196
I was happy before I met him. But I'm alive now, and those are not the same thing. Page 181
Other: This book has lots and lots of errors! For instance: In one scene, the passage of time seems inconsistent; there are post-it notes that are signed "Carla" even though the character who wrote them is Janet; the definition of "surprise" (according to this book, its plural is "surprisees"); and a picture of the earth that's a mirror image of the actual thing.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.