Baker & Taylor
The low-FODMAP diet is changing lives. If you suffer from the pain and discomfort of a digestive condition such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or nonresponsive celiac disease, it just might change yours.The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet
(cowritten by Sue Shepherd) introduced this revolutionary treatment, which is rapidly becoming the first-line recommendation by doctors and dietitians worldwide. FODMAP
is an acronym that stands for a group of difficult-to-digest carbohydrates found in foods such as wheat, milk, beans, soy, and some fruits, vegetables, nuts, and sweeteners. More than three quarters of adults with IBS who reduce their intake of these foods gain relief.
Now, this follow-up cookbook brings you 150 simple, delicious, and brand-new recipes that are full of flavor but low in FODMAPs. The mix includes:
- breakfasts to start the day off right (Blueberry Pancakes; Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins)
- starters and sides for every occasion (Spring Rolls; Chicken, Bacon, and Pesto Mini Pizzas; Stuffed Roasted Bell Peppers)
- soups and salads full of flavor (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Salad; Creamy Seafood Soup)
- entrées that make you feel good (Chicken and Vegetable Curry; Speedy Spaghetti Bolognese; Beef Satay Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce)
- desserts that satisfy (Flourless Chocolate Cake; Almond Cookies; Baked Blueberry Cheesecakes).
The low-FODMAP diet puts an end to suffering in silence, fearing the possible consequences of every meal, or confining yourself to a handful of bland, “safe” foods. The only thing missing from this comprehensive collection is the FODMAPs—and you’d never know it!
Presents a collection of 150 recipes which treat the discomforts associated with such digestive conditions as IBS, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis, with options for vegan, low-carb, and low-fat dishes.Baker
A collection of more than 150 recipes geared toward people with irritable bowl syndrome and other gastrointestinal diseases includes dishes that promise to restrict FODMAPs (a set of difficult-to-digest carbs found in wheat, milk, beans, soy and certain fruits, vegetables, nuts and sweeteners) and gluten, including Carrot and Ginger Soup and Pesto Margherita Pizza. Original.