Social Media for Journalists
Principles & PracticeBook - 2013
A much needed one-stop guide for students and practitioners that covers the theory and principles, the skills and practice, and also the realities of building a successful career in the new economy of journalism.
"Untangles the jargon and sets out the route-map for how the social network can enable us to become major contributors to the multiplatform digital age. The right message, the right time - this is the right book for taking advantage of it all." - Jon Snow, Channel 4 News
The essential guide to understanding and harnessing the tools of journalism today, Meagan Knight and Clare Cook show you how to master the enduring rules of good practice and the new techniques of social media. The book gives a thorough guide to principles and practice, including:
- How to find, write and break stories with social media
- An online journalism toolkit to get you started
- Using crowdsourcing to find and follow stories
- Getting on top of user-generated content
- The ins and outs of copyright and ethics
- Building your brand and making money
- The new economy of journalism and how to get ahead.
More than a simple 'how-to' guide, this book takes you to the next level with its integration of theory and practice. It is a one-stop guide for students and practitioners of journalism.