Anatomy of Exercise
[a Trainer's Guide to your Workout]Book - 2008
Detailed anatomical illustrations reveal what the body actually does during specific exercise sequences.
Anatomy of Exercise is revolutionary for its insights into and illustrations of how the body works during exercise. The book is organized by body area and shows common sequences in the progression of a typical workout. Clear photographs demonstrate each exercise. Lifelike anatomical illustrations reveal in colorful detail which muscles are engaged, which are being conditioned and how the muscles respond.
Valuable features of the book help the reader gain the greatest benefit from each exercise and improve fitness and well-being. These include:
- Detailed, full-color anatomical illustrations for all the exercises
- Annotations identifying the active and stabilizing muscles
- Concise how-to instructions for each exercise
- Identification of the specific muscles that benefit the most from each exercise
- Suggested modifications for different levels of difficulty
- Instructions on stabilizing the bodythroughout each movement
- A visual index of exercises, allowing easy navigation through the book.
No other such book is tailored to the general reader. Beginners, those already committed to exercise, competing athletes, trainers, coaches, physiotherapists, massage therapists and others involved in fitness will find Anatomy of Exercise instructive and practical.
A full color anatomy book that illustrates how the body works during exercise. Organized by area and common workout sequences, each exercise is illustrated by photographs and anatomical illustrations detail how the muscles are engaged and respond.