Boxers for DummiesBook - 2000
Strong, smart, loyal, and self-assured, the Boxer is great with kids and makes a wonderful family pet. A typical boxer has boundless energy and curiosity and is a natural clown. Although it’s rare to find one with a mean streak, the breed can be inquisitive to a fault, and the Boxer’s extroverted, comic personality can drive your neighbors’ cats and dogs up a tree–literally and figuratively. Luckily, those characteristics are balanced by the Boxer’s intelligence and strong desire to please. Boxers excel at obedience training, hospital therapy volunteer work, and rescue work, and they make excellent watchdogs as well.
Is this frolicsome clown the right dog for you and your family? Boxers For Dummies provides the answer to this and all your questions about getting, caring for and living with this loveable breed. Life-long Boxer owner and long-time Boxer breeder and trainer, Richard Beauchamp gets you up and running with what you need to know to:
- Fin d and communicate with reputable breeders
- Choose the right Boxer for you
- Housebreak and socialize your new puppy
- Educate yourself and your dog
- Handle behavioral problems
- Participate in competitions
In friendly, down-to-earth language, Rick provides insights into the Boxer temperament and loads of sensible, easy-to-follow advice on everything a Boxer owner should know–along with fun facts and Boxer trivia, amusing and informative anecdotes, and tips on how to have a great time with your Boxer. Discover how to:
- Decide on whether a male or female is right for you
- Find and choose your new friend and bring him or her home
- Understand how to communicate with your Boxer
- Train your Boxer
- Find a good trainer and attend classes
- Deal with emotional conflicts
- Feed and exercise your Boxer
- Recognize, prevent and treat common health problems
- Have loyal friend for life
The indispensable guide for you and your Boxer, Boxers For Dummies is the only book you’ll need to help you have the best possible experience with this irrepressibly curious and fun-loving breed of dog.
Baker & Taylor
Offers information on the history of the Boxer, where to find a breeder, how to train and correct behavioral problems, and how to provide proper nutrition and exercise.